Sat, Apr 22|
Zoom Webinar Only
WORKSHOP: "The Broken Mirror" by Dr. James Hollis, Jungian Analyst
We will explore what intrapsychic factors may keep us from seeing ourselves more clearly. We all have resources within, or can obtain for ourselves, to lead a more abundant life and to step into larger possibilities for our unfolding journeys.
Time & Location
Apr 22, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Zoom Webinar Only
About the event
Dr. James Hollis is a Jungian Psychoanalyst who has brought his insightful lectures to JungNC many times. He taught Humanities for 26 years in various colleges and universities before retraining as a Jungian Analyst at the Jung Institute in Zurich, Switzerland. Currently he has a private practice in Washington, DC.
Dr. Hollis has served as Executive Director of the Jung Educational Center in Houston, Texas, and as Executive Director of the Jung Society of Washington, DC (JSW). He is a retired Senior Training Analyst for the Inter-Regional Society of Jungian Analysts, and was the first Director of Training of the Philadelphia Jung Institute. He is currently Vice President Emeritus of the Philemon Foundation and serves on the JSW Board of Directors. Additionally, he a professor of Jungian Studies at Saybrook University of San Francisco/Houston.
Dr. Hollis is the author of 18 books:
· The Middle Passage: From Misery to Meaning in Mid-Life (1993)
· Under Saturn's Shadow: The Wounding and Healing of Men (1994)
· Tracking the Gods: The Place of Myth in Modern Life (1995)
· Swamplands of the Soul: New Life in Dismal Places (1996)
· The Eden Project: In Search of the Magical Other (1998)
· The Archetypal Imagination (2000)
· Creating a Life: Finding Your Individual Path (2000)
· On This Journey We Call Our Life: Living the Questions (2003)
· Mythologems: Incarnations of the Invisible World (2004)
· Finding Meaning in the Second Half of Life (2006)
· Why Good People Do Bad Things: Understanding Our Darker Selves (2007)
· What Matters Most: Living a More Considered Life (2009)
· Through The Dark Wood: Finding Meaning In The Second Half of Life (2009)
· Hauntings: Dispelling the Ghosts Who Run Our Lives (2013)
· Living an Examined Life: Wisdom for the Second Half of the Journey (2018)
· Living Between Worlds: Finding Personal Resilience in Changing Times (2020)
· The Broken Mirror: Refracted Visions of Ourselves (2022)
· (coming Summer 2023) A Life of Meaning: Relocating Your Center of Spiritual Gravity
Learn more about Dr. Hollis and his work, including many short videos, on his website.